Exim

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 22:50:10 UTC 2005

Looks like the trouble right now is that this is the first instance (that
I know of, others can feel free to jump in) in which we have a package in
any Extras repo that wasn't built out of Extras CVS, and so we don't have
a policy for it.

So, what do we do?

  a. Build it in beehive and just drop it somewhere?

  b. Duplicate the sources in Extras CVS and use the build mechanisms
     we currently have in place?

And the answer is... I don't know.  I suppose we need a policy for this
kind of case.

--g

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 17:24 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > It ain't hard so long as (a) SOMEONE remembers to do it, and (b)
> > someone REMEMBERS to do it.
>
> ... and (c) someone KNOWS HOW to do it.
>
> I have an exim-4.50-2 package in CVS, which I had previously built into
> the dist-fc4 collection in beehive. Could you tell me where to rebuild
> it and how to get those binaries into Extras? I recall seeing some
> discussion where it was agreed that such a process was necessary, but I
> don't recall seeing specifics about how it would be done -- I thought
> the discussion just petered out after reaching agreement, just like the
> original Exim discussion mostly petered out after most people who
> expressed an opinion agreed that it should stay.

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan