anyone working on Request Tracker, rt3?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Mar 18 08:50:14 UTC 2005

On Jeu 17 mars 2005 22:50, Steven Pritchard a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:38:27PM +0200, Toni Willberg wrote:
>> Is someone actively working on to get rt3 (http://bestpractical.com/rt/)
>> into Extras?
>
> The last time I looked at it, RT itself was almost impossible to
> package.
>
>> The tricky part of rt3 is that it depends on some 50 Perl modules, which
>> of not all are already in Core or Extras.
>
> Those, on the other hand, are pretty easy.
>
> I need to do another RT install in the next week or so.  I'll try to
> do QA on as many of the required modules as possible then.

The problem is not to package RT, or the gazillon perl module it uses, but
to maintain that stuff afterwards.

(hint : the RT people make their bread and butter selling stuff like
installation services, making the whole thing less convoluted and better
documented is not in their best interests. They won't actively fight it,
but neither will they think twice about using new perl modules that may be
difficult to package cleanly in Fedora)

--
Nicolas Mailhot