Review request: sabayon

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Mar 19 06:55:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:44 +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've imported Sabayon - http://www.gnome.org/projects/sabayon -  into
> CVS.
>
> 	I'd really appreciate it if someone could review it.

Two remarks:

1. Is there a particular reason for hard-coding pygtk2_version and
gnome_python2_version:

%define pygtk2_version 2.5.3-2
%define gnome_python2_version 2.6.0-5
Requires: pygtk2 >= %{pygtk2_version}
Requires: gnome-python2-gconf >= %{gnome_python2_version}

If yes (e.g. bugs in earlier versions which become exposed), then there
is nothing wrong with it, otherwise this is unnecessarily restrictive
(and prevents the package from being usable with FC-3)

2. The dependency on xorg-x11-Xnest seems questionable to me.

On one hand, the configure script checks for xnest, and complains if it
is not present, on the other hand I don't see that the package actually
is using the result of this configure check.

Also, there is a "Requires: xorg-x11-Xnest", i.e. the package pulls in
xnest in all cases, while it seems to try to detect/find
"/usr/X11R6/bin/Xnest" at run-time.

Ralf