Getting mono into FC extras

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 15:06:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

> >> http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-March/004124.html
> >>
> >> the most important phrase is: "there is probably nothing legally
> >> binding about that statement"
> >
> >"I have no reason to believe, however, that
> >Microsoft has changed its mind about its plan of that time to offer
> >royalty-free licenses on essential patents with respect to any products
> >implementing the ECMA standard."
> >
> >This would seem to be a far more important phrase.
>
> Not from a legal perspective. :)

Drat!

> Of course, it does provide hope that Microsoft might give a patent
> grant. I don't personally care about C# or .NET at all, but if someone
> out there does, why not ask Microsoft for a patent grant?

http://www.mono-project.com/FAQ:_Licensing

At the bottom is the patent issue. From my reading of it, the Mono
project has already exceeded the bounds of the patent (or something like
that).

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the