Review request: sabayon

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sun Mar 20 10:07:23 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 00:27 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> %pre
> /usr/sbin/groupadd -r %{name} &>/dev/null || :
> /usr/sbin/useradd  -r -s /sbin/nologin -c "Sabayon user" -g %{name}
> %{name} &>/dev/null || :
> /usr/sbin/usermod -d "" %{name} &>/dev/null || :
>
> Have you tested the effect of this during an upgrade from one package to
> another?

	Yep, seems fine.

> Might it be appropriate to have the username be like "system-sabayon" or
> something?  That would make it stick out as a username and home
> directory, making it very clear that it is NOT a regular user account.

	Well, the sabayon user is only used by the sysadmin UI, so shouldn't be
needed on user machines.

	I've split the package into two - sabayon and sabayon-admin, the latter
containing the admin UI and its this package which creates the user. Oh,
I've made the user sabayon-admin instead of sabayon.

	(Committed to CVS, it builds fine, but I still need to test tomorrow
whether it runs okay)

Cheers,
Mark.