Review request: sabayon

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Mar 20 10:11:17 UTC 2005

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 00:27 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>

>>%pre
>>/usr/sbin/groupadd -r %{name} &>/dev/null || :
>>/usr/sbin/useradd  -r -s /sbin/nologin -c "Sabayon user" -g %{name}
>>%{name} &>/dev/null || :
>>/usr/sbin/usermod -d "" %{name} &>/dev/null || :
>>
>>Have you tested the effect of this during an upgrade from one package to
>>another?
>

> 	Yep, seems fine.

Seems fine because it redirected the error messages to /dev/null?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines
"Running scriptlets only in certain situations"
According to this table %pre is being run during package upgrade.  You
probably want to test the parameter to only create accounts in the
install case.

Although I didn't actually test your package, so I may be wrong for some
unknown reason.  Please educate me if I am wrong.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com