x86_64 failed builds - help needed - (was: Re: Fedora Extras Development Package Update)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Mar 20 11:31:58 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:28:08 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> > doesn't it? And it makes a big difference whether company employees deal
> > with build failures or a community of volunteers. Might be that somebody
> > would look into the build failures if he knew where he can learn about
> > packages that failed.
> >

> I always update the wiki page with the information. If you're writing to
> the page, I would hope you've subscribed to it.

It certainly doesn't hurt to mention the failed build logs and the
specific Wiki page periodically. In particular, because current procedure
and usage of the Wiki is everything else but clearly documented. And when
I submit changes on the FC4Status page, only a handful of people are
mailed according to the Wiki status output.

At some point in time, the concept of arch-specific co-maintainers of
packages needs to kick in as else our i386 package developers could not
keep up with the requirement of maintaining their packages for multiple
architectures. x86_64 interested community members are encouraged to
contribute, since this is another area where help is needed.