New fedora-rpmdevtools: cleanup old stuff

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Sun Mar 20 17:28:01 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 18:18 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I'm preparing a new version of fedora-rpmdevtools.  I'm doing various
> cleanups in it, fixing some minor bugs, and will include Nils
> Philippsen's spectool in the package.  The new version will be primarily
> targetting FC3 and later (although it will still continue to work with
> older releases down to RH 8.0 too, some minor features will be disabled
> with FC1 and earlier though).

Proposed patch to spectemplate.spec that should address this problem:
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-
December/msg00838.html

Which was diagnosed thanks to Dams for recently pointing out that doing:
  gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall
in %preun would be run after %post installed the schema.

It also adds killall -HUP gconfd-2 which is known to work in FC3+
versions of GConf2.  I haven't evaluated whether it's harmful for pre-
FC3 gconf (I don't have pre-FC2 anymore.)

This patch could be improved if someone can figure out how to deal with
previous packages built with the broken %preun scriptlets.  (As it is,
the problem expressed in the cited email will continue when upgrading
the set of currently broken packages.)

-Toshio