Intent to Package: BloGTK

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Mon Mar 21 18:05:54 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:59 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 11:48 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 11:20 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > > Hey folks,
> > >  I've got a first packaging of BloGTK up at:
> > >   http://linux.duke.edu/~skvidal/RPMS/extras/blogtk/
> > >
> > > Would anyone be willing to look it over and see if I've missed anything
> > > in the packaging guidelines?
> >
> > Are the epochs needed on the pygtk2 packages in your Requires &
> > BuildRequires?  Also, rpmlint gives an error that there is no version in
> > your changelog.
>
> oversight on the epochs, fixed, thanks.
> added versions to the changelogs though I hate overloading that field.

I hate it too, adding the version info there is manual boring and
errorprone work, although the information which version introduced what
change *is* useful at times. As a datasource it's horribly unreliable
however... me thinks it shouldn't be in any way mandatory to add the
versions there, let's think of a better solution to the problem instead.

	- Panu -