Maintainership: freeciv

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Mar 24 00:40:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:48:28 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:35:00 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I would like to maintain 'freeciv' which was removed from the Core 4 development tree.  Any objections?
> >>

> > FYI, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> also would like to take over
> > freeciv. Quote: "freeciv, because I'm a teacher who is trying to get his
> > students to move to Linux and what do they want? Games! And because I
> > like these myself :)"
> >
> > You might want to team up and negotiate who will own the bugzilla
> > component.
> >

> That would be me, well since Brian claims to be playing it a lott and
> since I have a child I'm spending most of my playing time with her and
> not behind the PC, he is probably better suited to maintain freeciv.

Okay, Brian then. Freeciv entered the orphans list on 2003-02-05.
There's still a copy in Fedora Core CVS, which should be imported into
Extras CVS as a start.

> If Fedora extra somehow works out a multiple maintainer ship, I would be
> more then willing to be a co-maintainer.

I'm not sure what features bugzilla has other than monitoring e-mail
addresses (e.g. whether individuals can be subscribed to watch
components). But you two are free to collaborate in CVS, of course.