Adding new packages: python-elementtree, python-kid, repoview

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:22:07 UTC 2005

Hello, everyone:

I just got my cvs access yesterday, so I'm ready to jump in with the
rest of the crowd. :) I thought I'd start off with the following
simple packages:

python-elementtree-1.2.6:
---------------------------------
The Element type is a simple but flexible container object, designed
to store hierarchical data structures, such as simplified XML
infosets, in memory. The element type can be described as a cross
between a Python list and a Python dictionary.
This package also includes the C implementation, cElementTree-1.0.2.
(I've asked the author, he doesn't object against uniting the
pure-python and C implementations in one package).

python-kid-0.6.3:
----------------------
Kid is a simple Python based template language for generating and
transforming XML vocabularies. Kid was spawned as a result of a kinky love
triangle between XSLT, TAL, and PHP. We believe many of the best features
of these languages live on in Kid with much of the limitations and
complexity stamped out (well, eventually :).
Templates are compiled to native Python byte-code and may be imported and
used like normal Python modules.

repoview-0.3:
RepoView creates a set of static HTML pages in a yum repository for easy
browsing. It's currently already used by Fedora Extras.

All packages are available here:
http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/

I'll import them into the devel CVS unless there are objections.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Zlotniks, INC