Review needed: octave

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat May 7 03:53:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 16:27 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:
> Octave is being removed from Core, so I have updated the spec file from
> version FC3 and checked it into CVS. The main changes are a new version
> from upstream, and a new dependency on FFTW3, which is in CVS and needs
> approval.

Hi Quentin,

Since fftw3 seems to be in order, I tried your freshly-checked-in octave
update:

 good:
  * builds, installs, & un-installs cleanly on FC4t2 system
  * binary seems fine on some simple tests
  * based on the specfile from Core

 nits:
  * rpmlint on SRPM & i386 RPM:
      "summary-ended-with-dot"
      "configure-without-libdir-spec"
      "incoherent-version-in-changelog"

I really need more time to do a thorough review -- the build took a bit
longer than I had anticipated and its getting late...

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307