Delay between cvs commit and build-request/build

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Sun May 8 17:46:15 UTC 2005

The key assumption is "most packagers request build directly after
committing". That can be changed if the pre-build review needs it, e.g. to
enforce approval.

Certainly more review is better. I believe that most of the package review
should be done after builds but before the package makes it into the main
repo. This is important because it allows the reviewer to look not only at
the .spec file but at the resulting packages. Frequently there will be
problems that aren't easy to find in the .spec file. Doing QA on the final
result means that we'll be looking at things from the same perspective as
the user: does the package install, upgrade, and run correctly?

Best,
-- Elliot