transient build errors?

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Tue May 10 13:39:42 UTC 2005

I got the following error for a build request

<http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/3/xdaliclock/2.20-2/i386/xdaliclock-2.20-2.failure.log>

Installing group 'minimal' ....error: /usr/sbin/mach-helper yum
--installroot /var/lib/mach/roots/fedora-3-i386-core -c
/var/lib/mach/states/fedora-3-i386-core/
yum.conf groupinstall build-minimal failed.
 Setting up Group Process
Setting up Repos
core                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
local                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
http://linux.duke.edu/%7Eskvidal/mach/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
IOErro
r: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: groups
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from groups: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

ERROR: Could not get build-minimal
!

I assume that's just a transient build system problem? If so, will it
automatically retry, or do I need to resubmit the build request?

later,
chris