New package for consideration - mod_security

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Wed May 11 10:00:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

Would anyone be interested in looking over a package for mod_security
(http://www.modsecurity.org/) that I have put together?

>From the website blurb:

"ModSecurity is an open source intrusion detection and prevention engine for
web applications (or a web application firewall). Operating as an Apache
Web server module or standalone, the purpose of ModSecurity is to increase
web application security, protecting web applications from known and
unknown attacks."

It (the app, not necessarily my package - yet) is fairly well put together
and I think an extra security module for Apache in Fedora would be useful.

SRPM: http://www.enlartenment.com/extras/mod_security-1.8.7-4.fc3.mf.src.rpm

Spec and extra sources (a simple example config file) for it in
http://www.enlartenment.com/extras/

The site it's sitting on has been running with it for a couple of months
now, so it /should/ be stable :-)

Comments and experiences with it welcomed.

Cheers,
Michael (hoping that this will generate more interest than my last package
submission :-P)

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"