Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?)

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Thu May 12 15:03:09 UTC 2005

Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Thu, 12 May 2005, Quentin Spencer wrote:

>> So, the errors appear to be caused by the c++ header files. How is it
>> possible that the header files are broken on one arch and not
>> another? Any other insights into what might have caused this and how
>> to fix it?
>
> There's something weird about mach and C++, I've seen this and some
> other weirdness just recently myself. The above can be worked around
> by setting
> a suitable CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++ ... before %configure.
>
> Another oddity I found is that for Wine to build within mach I had to use
> LDFLAGS="-lstdc++" %configure - which doesn't make any sense to me
> either.

Thanks for the tips. So, this is a bug in mach then? Why only on x86_64?
I'd like to get this thing to build finally, so I'm inclined to add this
change to configure and submit a rebuild. However, it seems wrong to
have to change the spec file because of a bug in something external. Can
something be done about this?

-Quentin