New package: denyhosts

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Tue May 17 18:01:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 15:12 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> Denyhosts is a little bit of Python called out of cron that looks
> through /var/log/secure, picks out hosts doing those annoying mass SSH
> login attempts and stuffs them in /etc/hosts.deny.  It lives at
> http://denyhosts.sf.net
>
> I'm relatively new at this, but I needed to make a package for
> denyhosts to deploy on my externally-facing login boxes and figured
> I'd try to do it the right way.  There aren't many packages that would
> be simpler.  RPM (not signed) and .spec are in
> http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/denyhosts

Dist Tag? http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DistTag

If you change Source0 to
http://dl.sourceforge.net/denyhosts/DenyHosts-%{version}.tar.gz one can
download new versions with just "spectool -g denyhost.spec". Also, where
are the other Sources and Patch available? No srpm that I can find, and
so I'm unable to rebuild this.

--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net             GPG Key ID: ED588CF2