Request for approval: enemies-of-carlotta

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue May 17 21:06:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 20:39 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to request a review and approval of enemies-of-carlotta. I have
> imported this package into CVS some time ago (and some review work was
> done back then), but it has never been formally approved. The package is
> very simple, so a review should not take long.

Review of enemies-of-carlotta:

Rpmlint checks:

enemies-of-carlotta-1.0.3-2.src.rpm
E: enemies-of-carlotta no-signature

enemies-of-carlotta-1.0.3-2.i386.rpm
E: enemies-of-carlotta no-binary
E: enemies-of-carlotta no-signature

The no-binary thing is notable. This package doesn't contain a single
binary, its just a set of python scripts. For that reason, this package
is probably best suited as noarch. I added "BuildArch: noarch", rebuilt,
installed the package on one of my Aurora SPARC machines and it seems to
function in my minimal tests.

Good:
- source matches upstream
- License is OK (GPL), COPYING is included in package.
- Meets package naming guidelines
- Meets PackagingGuidelines
- Documentation is included
- Rpmlint checks passed (except for no-binary note)

Bad:
- Package should be noarch

Thanks,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!