request for review: rzip

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed May 18 21:03:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 01:14 +0400, Paul P Komkoff Jr wrote:
> Thanks sopwith sponsored my cvsextras membership, so I've uploaded
> rzip to it. Any objections for it be present in extras for all
> branches ?

Review of rzip:

Rpmlint tests:

rzip-2.0-1.i386.rpm:
E: rzip no-signature

rzip-2.0-1.src.rpm:
E: rzip no-signature

All rpmlint errors can be ignored.

Good:

- Source matches upstream
- License OK (GPL), COPYING in package
- Meets PackageNamingGuidelines
- Meets PackagingGuidelines
- No missing BuildRequires

Bad:

- Grammar/Spelling in %description is a little off. Suggestion:

rzip is a compression program, similar in functionality to gzip or
bzip2, but able to take advantage of long distance redundancies in
files, which can sometimes allow rzip to produce much better
compression ratios than other programs.

Fix the one blocker and I'll approve it.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!