Audacity in Devel

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri May 20 20:49:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:45:53 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:05:12 -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>
> > Hello, all:
> >
> > Audacity in devel doesn't work at all, since version 1.2.3 requires
> > wxGTK to be built without gtk2 support
> > (http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.pl?BugsBugsBugs). I think we
> > should disable audacity in devel until there are releases known to
> > work with wxGTK2.
> >
> > Currently, anyone running it will see this wonderful screen:
> > http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/sshots/Screenshot-Audacity.png
>
> That's something new and was not reproducible some weeks ago. May be
> even specific to FC4 Development or GCC4.
>
> When an older version of Audacity entered fedora.us, there were crashes
> with wxGTK2. But v1.2.3 built flawlessly with wxGTK2 some weeks ago.
> The version of wxGTK2 is still the same.

Actually, this is when I found myself persuaded that wxGTK2 works:

%changelog
* Sun Jan 30 2005 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt[AT]users.sf.net> - 0:1.2.3-1.lvn.1
- Build with mp3 and wxGTK2 by default,
- Make the libmp3lame perl substitution in %%prep more robust.
- s/Fedora/Livna/ in desktop file.

It's a surprise that it doesn't work with FC4 and the same wxGTK2.

--
Fedora Core release Rawhide (Rawhide) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1319_FC4
loadavg: 1.12 1.18 1.17