Addling in linux-wlan-ng to extras

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Mon May 23 15:36:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 16:18 +0100, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >From what I can see, there shouldn't be a problem adding linux-wlan-ng
> into extras and it would certainly be useful. The only problem I can see
> is that due to the configuration options, plx, usb, pcmcia and pci
> builds are able to be made (or indeed, any combination of them) which
> may mean different rpms for each driver and the configuration script may
> be problematic.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

Unfortunately no concrete mechanism has been decided on for providing
modules in Extras, but I have my own format/specification if anyone
wants to look. It uses a chroot install of the kernel-devel packages
(which needs some massaging unfortunately due to build being an absolute
link).

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/