Request for review: Enlightenment DR17 + EFL

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Mon May 30 04:23:58 UTC 2005

On 5/30/05, John Ellson <ellson at research.att.com> wrote:
> Didier Casse wrote:
>
> > <> Actually I build from CVS.
> > For CVS checkouts, rasterman recommended to use ./autogen.sh instead
> > of ./configure!
>
> <>Didier,
>
> I agree that one would use ./autogen.sh for direct CVS checkouts.  There
> are additional toolchain requirements on the user in that case.
>
> My point was that, from .spec files, you should be using ./configure
> since the src.rpm recipient is then building from the contained .tar.gz
> instead of directly from CVS.
>
> By using ./autogen.sh in the .spec files you are requiring that the
> src.rpm recipient have autoconf, automake and libtool installed.  This
> should not be necessary.

Hi John,
           I get your point. CVS checkout shoud therefore be followed
by a "make dist" to get a tarball that doesn't place the above
requirements on the user.
Understood. Thanks. ;-)

Btw what happens when you disable mmx and sse for evas? Does it
compile on your architecture?
--
Cheers,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.