Review Request: inadyn

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Sun May 1 18:42:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:08:47 -0400, you wrote:

>Nope, still didn't work. I went to DynDNS's website, created the host
>entry as 127.0.0.1, and still got the same output from inadyn.

Sorry, it deficuilt to find out your prbleme without knewing your
environment.

For my tests, I have done the following.

1.) Start up the PPPoE connection.

2.) Start up inadyn.

3.) make a ping to the registered dynDNS hostname.

I think, it's very important, to start inadyn after the interface
to the official internet is up.

If not, the time between to update times will not be reached, so
your dynDNS address will be shown to a old IP address.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt