New package: SCIM

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:49:21 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, Ryo Dairiki <ryo-dairiki at mbm.nifty.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm thinking of add the package of SCIM to fedora extras.
> Could you review them and report me problems?
>
> You can get my packages from here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scim

Hello, Ryo:

Your packages are pretty good, but not exactly in the style of fedora
extras. When I was working on creating SCIM packages for Fedora,
before finding out that you're already working on them, I've created
several packages where I have tried to adjust the specfile to be as
close as possible to what is usually accepted by the extras community
(i.e., so that Michael Schwendt has no more than 10-15 remarks to make
:)). You may take a look at them here, if you are interested:

http://phy.duke.edu/~icon/misc/fedora-extras/

I've only packages scim, scim-pinyin, and scim-tables, though.

Thanks for your work on this!

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev