Fedora Extras Development Build Report

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat May 7 15:33:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 17:28 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> We did not build for ppc when Fedora Extras started.
> Later x86_64 was added. And then ppc.
>
> "Where we are" with regard to maintaining packages, is something we
> need to find out...

Agreed. We really need to work with the same policy as Core does -- a
build failure on one arch is a build failure on all. We can't let
package versions just drift out of sync between architectures due to
spurious failures.

It's bad enough in Core when people can just add ExcludeArch: to work
around temporary problems and get a package through the build system. We
really ought to have a policy of requiring a bug to be filed for every
exclusion, even in Core. _Certainly_ we shouldn't be allowing a build to
succeed for one architecture while it fails on others.

--
dwmw2