wxGTK (was: Re: Package Build Report - Fedora Extras Development)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat May 7 18:02:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, 07 May 2005 19:15:05 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > It seems like a build error to me if it won't build with both
> > > installed.
>
> ++ (okay, it sometimes is the reason for some of those x86_64 build
> problems and makes a lot of those "autoreconf-patches" necessary -- but
> I also think is should be fixed, otherwise a lot of users might run into
> problems)
>
> > Fine. Before anyone spends time on looking into it,[...]
>
> I did a quick look. I can't get the current version in cvs (devel or
> FC3) or the published srpm for extras/3/ to build inside or outside mach
> on FC3 currently. I'll try to look into this deeper later or tomorrow.
> But I think the buildsystem/seth/yum is innocent ;-)

"configure" script has /usr/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib hardcoded in
at least half a dozen places and also does things like s/include/lib/g
in order to derive a list of library search paths from a list of header
search paths. Should be fixable for somebody with an x86_64 box and
maybe a few tries (to see what else is broken in there).

Really strange that the same software did built for x86_64 before.