Request for review: OpenEXR

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon May 9 02:04:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 05:35 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 18:02 -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
> >  blockers:
> >  - should be:     BuildRequires:  fltk-devel >= 1.1
> >    instead of:    BuildRequires:  fltk >= 1.1
> >  - you're installing shared libs so I think you ought to have:
> >      %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
> >      %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig
> >  - the ownership of the "%files devel" is wrong, you need another:
> >      "%defattr(-,root,root,-)" for the devel package
>
> All fixed.

Good!

> >  - please delete all the hidden ".deps" files such as:
> >      /usr/share/doc/OpenEXR-devel-1.2.2/IlmImfExamples/.deps
>
> I couldn't do this directly, and I couldn't find where in the makefile
> it copied .deps, so I did a small hack to get around it.

OK, works for me.  I look at the spec and it seems to be in order now.
Also, it built, installed, the binaries ran, etc. on an FC3 system.

> >  not sure about this one:
> >  - Can the "%{_libdir}/*.la" files be discarded?  Or are they
> >      really needed?
>
> In this case they don't seem to add any dependency bloat, so it appears
> safe to leave them in.

I think that unused *.la files are generally deleted, but I could be
wrong.  And as you point out, its probably not a big deal.  So I'll send
an approved message.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD