Build Result: SoQt on 3

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon May 9 05:46:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 00:46 -0400, buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Build of SoQt on 3 failed to complete on one or more archs. Please see logs at:
> http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/3/SoQt

Seth, this build x86_64 error is bizarre.

Rebuild source rpm SoQt-1.2.0-4.fc3.src.rpm
ERROR: something went wrong rebuilding the .src.rpm
ERROR: inspect rpm build log /var/tmp/mach/fedora-3-x86_64-
core/SoQt-1.2.0-4.fc3/rpm.log
ERROR: failed to rebuild SRPMs

Incomprehensible to me, but ... the build continues:
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.278
... until it finally fails:
checking if we can compile and link with the Coin library... false
configure: WARNING:
Compilation and/or linking with the Coin main library SDK failed, for
unknown reason. If you are familiar with configure-based configuration
and building, investigate the 'config.log' file for clues.

If you can not figure out what went wrong, please forward the
'config.log'

As it seem to me, SoQt is missing Coin2-devel.

ATM, Coin2/x86_64 has not been released, but seems to have been
successfully build in your build system
(http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/needsign/3/Coin2/2.3.0-8.fc3/x86_64)

Am I right in concluding from this observation that the build system
only considers already _released_ packages and does not to consider
packages inside of the build system?

IMO, this behavior is not helpful, because it prevents "batch updates"
of sets of packages which depend on each other (Here: Coin2->SoQt).

Ralf