Self-Introduction: Christian Jodar (Tian)

tian at c-sait.net tian at c-sait.net
Mon May 9 13:46:10 UTC 2005

I will do required changes. But I won't be able to do so before tonight
(GMT +2). In the meantime, I have some remarks/questions.

> RPMs should be built from pristine source. As such, unless there's a
> super-extra-special reason, this should be
> http://download.gna.org/gcfilms/gcfilms-5.0.tar.gz.

OK. In fact, I generated a special .tar.gz for the RPM creation. But I
will change that to use the offical one (that is also downloadable).

Previous .tar.gz was created with correct tree structure, containing
/usr directory and sub directories with files. If I use the other ones,
I will have to this stuff in the %build section. Am I right? This
application is a pure Perl one, so it doesn't require any compilation.

>> %dir %{_datadir}/gcfilms/doc
>> %doc %{_datadir}/gcfilms/doc/README
>> %doc %{_datadir}/gcfilms/doc/CHANGELOG
>
> This sort of stuff should be in %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%{version}.

I thought that specifying %doc leads to copy the files in the correct
directory. If I use the Source0 mentionned before, these files are for the
moment in the .tar.gz root directory.

With new version, would that be correct to have:

%dir %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%{version}
%doc README
%doc CHANGELOG

? Maybe the %dir line is useless.

Or should I before in the %build step copy them to
%{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%{version} and use this path in the %files
section?

Many thanks,

Tian.