Self-Introduction: Christian Jodar (Tian)

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Mon May 9 13:53:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 15:46 +0200, tian at c-sait.net wrote:
> Previous .tar.gz was created with correct tree structure, containing
> /usr directory and sub directories with files. If I use the other ones,
> I will have to this stuff in the %build section. Am I right? This
> application is a pure Perl one, so it doesn't require any compilation.

No, it should go in %install.

> >> %dir %{_datadir}/gcfilms/doc
> >> %doc %{_datadir}/gcfilms/doc/README
> >> %doc %{_datadir}/gcfilms/doc/CHANGELOG
> >
> > This sort of stuff should be in %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%{version}.
>
> I thought that specifying %doc leads to copy the files in the correct
> directory.

Only if you don't specify a directory, in which case it will grab the
files from $RPM_BUILD_DIR.

> %dir %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%{version}
> %doc README
> %doc CHANGELOG
>
> ? Maybe the %dir line is useless.

Correct. rpmbuild will mark it %doc automagically.

> Or should I before in the %build step copy them to
> %{_defaultdocdir}/%{name}-%{version} and use this path in the %files
> section?

%build is only used to build files required for installation. Putting
stuff in the right (final) place should happen in %install.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/