Review Request: gtorrentviewer

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Mon May 9 17:49:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 13:07 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> An earlier version of my package was kindly reviewed by Aaron Kurtz in
> the "Self-Introduction: Paul Howarth" thread
> (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-May/msg00264.html).
> Having made a number of changes, I thought it was probably better to
> start a new thread with a more sensible subject header regarding the
> updated version.

> The purpose of GTorrentViewer is to give the ability to see and modify
> all the possible information from .torrent files without having to start
> downloading and the ability to see in real time the current number of
> seeds and peers on the torrent, so you will always know the status
> before starting the download.
>
> Spec file:
> http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/gtorrentviewer/gtorrentviewer.spec
>
> SRPM:
> http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/gtorrentviewer/gtorrentviewer-0.2b-2.fc3.src.rpm

- /usr/share/GTorrentViewer/README and the README in docs are
duplicates.
- Lacks a Provides and Obsoletes for older users of capitalized package,
although this isn't crucial.
+ MD5sums match, compiles and runs without a problem.

Everything else I was going to mention has been dealt with in 0.2b-3
release. I'm guessing you don't have CVS access, so I'd be willing to
import it for you.

Also, I noticed you have a package for torrentsniff. Any chance of you
putting that forward for Extras?
--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net             GPG Key ID: ED588CF2