Approval needed: mlmmj

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue May 10 06:11:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 09:52 +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:40:20AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi waffled thusly:
> > On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:30:14PM +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:
> > > On Sat, 07 May 2005 10:26:12 -0400. Toshio waffled thusly:

> [sub-packaging mlmmj's contributed web frontends]

> > > How does:
> > >
> > > mlmmj-contrib-perl
> > > mlmmj-contrib-php
> > >
> > > ....sound?
> > >
> > If not having a web front end is a major loss in functionality, then
> > mlmmj-webgui-perl and mlmmj-webgui-python might be better.  Something that
> > says that the packages provide an integral piece of functionality.
>
> I wouldn't say it was an integral part of the package - it works without
> it - however it would extremely useful for shared environments where a
> list admin may not have root or shell access.
>
> > > I /could/ put the files under /usr/share/mlmmj/contrib/ (rather than a mess
> > > of webserver-dependent roots)- this way admins can copy the respective
> > > trees to wherever their webserver requires them and give permissions/
> > > ownership accordingly.
> > >
> > If an admin has to copy the files over, it should probably go in %doc.
>
> I used to put it in %doc (my own repo versions) however it seemed the
> resulting RPM picked up extra dependencies I didn't want, unless I
> removed execute access from those files.

You could prevent the extra dependencies being generated by using your
own find_requires script, which calls the standard %{__find_requires}
and then [carefully] greps out the bogus dependencies.

For example:

%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
%define my_find_requires %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/find_requires

%{__cat} <<EOF >%{my_find_requires}
#! /bin/sh
exec %{__find_requires} | /bin/egrep -v '^(bogus dependency regex)$'
exit 0
EOF
chmod +x %{my_find_requires}
%define __find_requires %{my_find_requires}

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>