Fedora Extras development Package Build Report

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue May 10 13:40:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 15:35 +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:
> skvidal at phy.duke.edu said:
> > I've restarted the queuer - submit them now.
>
> Out of curiosity: how quickly can the entries be removed from the file ?
> IOW, is it an edge driven, or a state driven process ?

I'm not familiar with these terms so I can't tell you which it is.

Entries can be removed from the file once the build has occurred.

> Should each people who requests a build also remove the entry ?

it'd be nice - but not critical

Soon(tm) we'll be changing how the queuer gets notified about the jobs.
It won't be using a file in cvs but a db that jobs are submitted to via
an xml-rpc server.

it should make life a fair bit easier on all parts.

the file in cvs just let things get off the ground faster.
-sv