Approval needed: mlmmj

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Thu May 12 01:38:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 07:11:52AM +0100, Paul Howarth waffled thusly:
> On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 09:52 +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:

<snip>

> > I used to put it in %doc (my own repo versions) however it seemed the
> > resulting RPM picked up extra dependencies I didn't want, unless I
> > removed execute access from those files.
>
> You could prevent the extra dependencies being generated by using your
> own find_requires script, which calls the standard %{__find_requires}
> and then [carefully] greps out the bogus dependencies.
>
> For example:
>
> %define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
> %define my_find_requires %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/find_requires
>
> %{__cat} <<EOF >%{my_find_requires}
> #! /bin/sh
> exec %{__find_requires} | /bin/egrep -v '^(bogus dependency regex)$'
> exit 0
> EOF
> chmod +x %{my_find_requires}
> %define __find_requires %{my_find_requires}
>
> Paul.

I've decided in the interim to add the contributed files in %doc.
Removing the executable bits on the .pl/.cgi files is enough to keep
RPM's dependency handler from picking up the Perl deps - I'm not certain
if they can all be satisfied from FC / FE RPMs alone. This I'll look
into and put up any missing packages for review if necessary/desirable.

The above scriptlet is helpful and might come in useful down the track
if I want something a little more fine-grained. Thanks :-)

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"