build failure log messages completely useless

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Thu May 12 16:40:55 UTC 2005

Shahms King wrote:

> ERROR: something went wrong rebuilding the .src.rpm
> ERROR: inspect rpm build log
> /var/tmp/mach/fedora-development-ppc-core/tla-1.3.2-5/rpm.log
> ERROR: failed to rebuild SRPMs

FWIW, the log of my failed octave build also showed this failure in
x86_84, but then it went on to try to compile the binary anyway, which
subsequently failed (see the "Errors on x86_64 ..." thread for more on
those errors). I thought this error was kind of odd, but I assumed it
didn't have anything to do with the other errors. Could it have?

-Quentin