Build failure on ppc : I am just so unlucky?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu May 12 17:25:08 UTC 2005

Here is what I got for synergy :

[...]
---> Downloading header for mkinitrd to pack into transaction set.
http://newmirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ppc/Fedora/RPMS/mkinitrd-4.2.12-1.ppc.rpm:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:27:58 GMT
Server: lighttpd/1.3.13
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: Fedora/RPMS/mkinitrd-4.2.12-1.ppc.rpm from core: [Errno
256] No more mirrors to try.

ERROR: Could not get build-minimal

Could it be that the server was still syncing the ppc devel files? Last
time I tried to build synergy, I got bitten by the timeout caused by the
FC4test downloads, and now this :-(

Seth : Wouldn't it be a good thing to sync locally the relevant trees on
each build machine? ...and do it at a time of the day when the devel tree
is known to have finished syncing? (if that was the cause)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.20_FC3
Load : 0.61 0.89 0.62