PHP4 in extras?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon May 16 14:24:00 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 5/16/05, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>
>>I believe it's an inherent incompatibility. I tried building with php5
>>from rawhide this morning and it fell over at a PHP version check in
>>"configure", the error message being "PHP-GTK requires PHP version 4.3.x".
>

> that's interesting.. since the php-gtk website claims  a requirement
> PHP version 4.3.4 or later
> http://gtk.php.net/manual/en/installunix.php
>
> You might want to track down a one of the php-gtk developers and ask
> if the configure
> version check is right or if the website is right.

I believe the website is out of date. PHP-GTK used to have two different
build systems, a "historical" one and another that relied on PHP being
4.3.x. At version 1.0.1 of PHP-GTK, the "historical" build system was
removed, thus PHP 4.3.x was required. The website doesn't reflect this
change unfortunately. At the time, I don't think PHP5 had been released
(I may be wrong about that though).

I'll try hacking the configure script not to complain about PHP != 4.3.x
and see how much further it gets.

Paul.