New package: rblcheck

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu May 19 13:42:54 UTC 2005

Oliver Falk wrote:
> Hi Paul!
>

>>I have my own package of rblcheck, which incorporates a few
>>useful patches. One of the patches adds my own local lists as
>>default lists to check, so you'll want to edit those out, but
>>the rest may be useful to you:
>>
>>http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/rblcheck-1.5-14.src.rpm
>

> Do you have an origin for the patches? Or are they made by you? If so, can
> you provide me with URLs where I can point the Patch-tags in the specfile
> to!?

No specific URLs I'm afraid.

rblcheck-zones.patch:
I made this myself and it's responsible for most of the changelog
entries, as I add and remove lists as and when they appear and
disappear. I changed the text "RBL filtered by" to "listed by" because
(a) it's more accurate, and (b) "RBL" is a trademark of MAPS LLC.

rblcheck-names.patch
Comes from a post to the rblcheck-users mailing list. See:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1371771&forum_id=4256

rblcheck-txt.patch
I made this to fix the broken code for looking up TXT records, and the
code is borrowed from Ian Gulliver's "firedns" library (GPL), which can
be found at: http://firestuff.org/

Paul.