Review/Approval needed: mfstools

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu May 19 14:30:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 13:58 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote :
>
> > This package is in CVS and needs review and approval. Its quite small.
> >
> > MFS Tools is a set of utilities for TiVo drive upgrades. This includes
> > MFS specific backup and restore, as well as MFS volume expansion and
> > shrinking.
> >
> > No libraries, one binary, and a few symlinks. :)
> >
> > Please review, thanks.
>
> Eek!
>
> Simple points :
> - Missing zlib-devel, which doesn't bother configure but makes the build
>   fail miserably :-/

Fixed.

> - You mix spaces and tabs in your spec file headers -> Readability issues
>   when using 4 spaces vs. 8 for tabs or vice versa.

Yeah, dunno how I did that. :/ Fixed.

> - The release fields seems weird, why two 1s in different places?

OK, so here's the logic. First 1 marks it as a "post" release from 2.0.
The middle is the snapshot revision, and the last digit is the build
number. In these fixes, I'll increment the last digit.

> Now the nasty one : The package contains files with names way too generic!
> And the /usr/share/doc/howto.html file should not be there, copy it to the
> pwd and include it as %doc instead of installing it to _docdir.
>
> /usr/bin/backup
> /usr/bin/restore
>
> These files definitely need to have their name changed... not sure what
> it'll break, though.

Well, the only thing its likely to break is the documentation. Those are
symlinks to mfstool. (/usr/bin/backup == /usr/bin/mfstool backup)

And even then, the docs seem to refer to /usr/bin/mfstool backup
instead. Renamed in the spec, should be fixed.

Changes commited to CVS, take two? :)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!