Icecast

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Fri May 20 02:17:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:04:47 -0700. Michael A. Peters waffled thusly:

> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 21:34 -0400, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 May 2005, Paul wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Any chance of bringing icecast/shoutcast into extras?
> >
> > It might be something better added to livna, just because an extras
> > version would have to be ogg-only
>
> There's a gstreamer streaming server that could be brought into extras -
> since gstreamer uses plugins, that mp3 thing isn't an issue.
>
> I forget what its called - but when I tried it, it seemed to work well.
> I believe it starts with an a - should be on the gstreamer page.

My first thought was "flumotion" which has a similar purpose, but I think
the one you're thinking of is
"acast" (http://zaheer.merali.org/mediawiki/index.php/Acast)

Point taken on icecast - I'm not sure exactly how to easily dike out the
MP3 support (which would effectively neuter it, oh well..). I'll keep
packaging it myself if anyone wants it. :-)

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"