New package: rblcheck

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri May 20 07:45:12 UTC 2005

Hi Paul!

[ ... ]
> > OK. This moved to rblcheck-texttweak.patch and for the
> > default lists I
> > created a %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc. This is - of course - easier to
> > maintain than patchin' around. :-)
>
> Of course, it would be still nicer if rblcheck read
> %{_sysconfdir}/rblcheckrc and ~/.rblcheckrc itself rather
> than using a
> wrapper script, but that would a fair bit of work.

Of course it would be nicer this way. I may try to mail the author and ask
for that...

[ ... ]

> The monkeys.com lists are all defunct. Ron has stopped
> maintaining them.
> I believe the same applies to dev.null.dk.
> And *.dorkslayers.com.

OK. Removed this lists.

> Maybe some of the others too; I'd check them out. Don't just
> check that
> the DNS servers return results; check out the websites. These
> lists come and go quite regularly.

OK. I guess the best would be to have a list that doesn't change very often.
Else we have to update those lists to regulary. :-)

> The following lists are specified multiple times:
> -s bl.spamcop.net
> -s dnsbl.njabl.org
> -s list.dsbl.org
> -s multihop.dsbl.org
> -s opm.blitzed.org
> -s relays.ordb.org
> -s unconfirmed.dsbl.org

Uff thanks for pointin'. The usual copy/paste problem :-/

> Please don't include my private lists - it might cripple my DSL link:
> -s dialups.city-fan.org
> -s relays.city-fan.org
> -s spammers.city-fan.org

OK. Removed.

> Should be added:
> -s xbl.spamhaus.org

OK. Added.

> > So, Paul, I would be pleased to see you updating the
> > rblcheckrc if I get an
> > approval for the rblcheck package :-)
>
> I'll bear that in mind :-)

Please do so. As I'm not sure that I'll check the lists in a regulary
interval...

> > And for the folks who had a look at the package
> > allready/will have a look at
> > the package to approve it. Please note, that I just updated it at:

http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/mod_perl?current=/packages/FC_EXTRAS_APPRO
VAL/rblcheck

And once again updated. Release 6.

> More notes:

> - URL for MAPS should be http://www.mail-abuse.com/ not
>   http://www.maps.org/
>
> - ORBL appears to be defunct.
>
> BuildRequires:
>
> - docbook-utils is needed for the docs directory.
>
> Files:
>
> - INSTALL file is generic and not of any use to an end user.

Integrated/Changed this as well. Have a look...

Hopefully Warren and/or Matthias have time and take a look to approve it.
:-)

Best,
 Oliver