Updated package : arc-5.21j (gcc4 fix)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat May 21 17:36:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:11:55 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> This is a gcc4 build update of the arc package I contributed to
> fedora.us. No big spec changes.
>
> I'm listed as the arc package owner in bugzilla but since I've only just
> completed the https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/ I haven't got
> the faintest idea of what's still required before this can hit the
> Extras CVS (reviews, sponsors, etc)

For the CVS account you need a sponsor. Sponsors are informed about
new account requests.

For the update in CVS, you need no review. Surely somebody could import
your changes before your get CVS access. But you can as well wait and use
these updates for trying out the Fedora Extras CVS framework yourself.

> Also I've no longuer any need for arc - nomarch (already in extras) has
> the same purpose, and its codebase seems nicer. I wouldn't vouch for the
> security of arc - it's old and the sf.net patch queue shows one buffer
> overflow fix no one ever bothered to review.

Yeah, we should really start collecting such packages somewhere, too, and
declare them "deprecated", so they could be removed in the future.

--
Fedora Core release Rawhide (Rawhide) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1323_FC4
loadavg: 1.11 1.03 1.01