Breaking "make tag"

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Sat May 21 18:34:56 UTC 2005

Hi.

I think I broke the "make tag" system a bit. Here's the gist:

1) Check out a tree, change the spec file, updating v-r
2) forget to commit the change and run "make tag"
3) make does something and returns complaining that you have locally
   modified files (which is right, the spec file)
4) commit the changes
5) run "make tag" again
6) make does something and returns complaining that the tag already
   exists.
7) *headscratching* *shrug*
8) run "make build"
9) recieve a mail from the build system complaining that the tag that
   could not be created in step 6 because it already exists does not
   exist.
10) *more headscratching*

So, I admit that I made a mistake by not committing the change as
the first step, but does the tag exist or not?

(the tag in question is bmp-0_9_7-8_fc4)

--
"The last good thing written in C was Franz Schubert's Symphony number 9."
		-- Erwin Dieterich