New package: fpc-2.0.0

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue May 24 04:22:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your submission.

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Source:
> http://www.cnoc.nl/fpc/fpc-2.0.0-0.1.src.rpm

It doesn't seem to build completely on x86_64, since
the libs are installed in /usr/lib and not /usr/lib64.

   Processing files: fpc-2.0.0-0.1
   Error: File not found: /var/tmp/fpc-2.0.0-0.2-root-petersen/usr/lib64/fpc/2.0.0

This needs fixing.

Overall the spec file looks ok, I attach a patch with
some initial cleanup.  Further comments:

- usually %clean just removes the installed files,
   so I don't think you need to "make clean" everything there.
- "examples/" seems to be too big to include in the main package:
   I recommend either excluding it or at least moving it to a -doc
   subpackage
- If more html documentation available, it could also go into -doc.
   I see there is a -docs subpackage on the upstream download page.
- the software is GPL/LGPL :), but are there any legal issues with
   highlighting TP and Delphi compatibility?
- (It would be nice if upstream could simplify building and installing
    without the setup.sh script?:)
- can fpc be built with debugging info?  Would it be useful?  Currently
   no debuginfo is generated afaict.

Jens