New package: meanwhile

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue May 24 14:19:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 22:15 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> meanwhile: Lotus Sametime Community Client library
>
> Meanwhile provides the basic Lotus Sametime session functionality along
> with the core services; Presence Awareness, Instant Messaging, Multi-
> user Conferencing, Preferences Storage, Identity Resolution, and File
> Transfer.
>
> Project URL: http://meanwhile.sourceforge.net
>
> SRPM URL: http://jdub.homelinux.org/files/meanwhile/
>
> Meanwhile just provides the core Sametime functionality.  The actual
> client interface is done via a plugin, called gaim-meanwhile.  This will
> be packaged in a separate RPM and will be available for review shortly.

Review of meanwhile:

rpmlint checks:

meanwhile-0.4.1-1.src.rpm:
E: meanwhile description-line-too-long The heart of the Meanwhile
Project is the Meanwhile library, providing the basic
E: meanwhile description-line-too-long integration of future service
handlers such as the user directory and whiteboard
E: meanwhile no-signature
W: meanwhile strange-permission meanwhile.spec 0600

meanwhile-0.4.1-1.i386.rpm:
E: meanwhile description-line-too-long The heart of the Meanwhile
Project is the Meanwhile library, providing the basic
E: meanwhile description-line-too-long integration of future service
handlers such as the user directory and whiteboard
E: meanwhile zero-length /usr/share/doc/meanwhile-0.4.1/NEWS
E: meanwhile no-signature

meanwhile-devel-0.4.1-1.i386.rpm:
E: meanwhile-devel requires-on-release meanwhile 0.4.1-1
W: meanwhile-devel no-major-in-name meanwhile-devel
W: meanwhile-devel no-documentation
E: meanwhile-devel no-signature

No need to have that zero-length NEWS in there. All other rpmlint errors
can be ignored.

Good:

- License OK (LGPL), COPYING included in package
- Source matches upstream
- ldconfig in %post, %postun
- .la files excluded

Bad:

- Zero-length NEWS file included in package
- Generic INSTALL file included, no need to waste space with it

These are minor blockers, no need for a full re-review. Just make these
two changes and I'll approve this package.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!