Removal of gtkmm20 (was Re: Packages failing rebuild for FE4)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 24 20:29:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 12:49 -0700, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> int/pointer, #158466
> > * gconfmm20
> >   Fails on x86_64, int/pointer, #158448
>
> I'd like to request comments on the proposal of removing all the gtkmm 2.0 API
> packages from FC4 Extras :

This seems reasonable to me.[1]  If someone wishes to add an application
later that requires one of these libraries, then they can go back to the
packages we last had which worked and resurrect them.

Place a request at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras_2fFC4Status and we'll make it
happen.

Jeremy

[1] It does bring up that we should probably have a slightly more
documented process on how to deprecate/remove packages.  For now, I say
we stick to "mail the list, see if anyone objects horribly"