LIRC with Streamzap

Peter Hutnick hutnick at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:00:48 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 09:26 -0600, Peter Hutnick wrote:
>
> > The Fedora Extras LIRC 0.7.1 RPM is missing Streamzap support for some
> > reason.  Support for this device is in the LIRC 0.7.1 source tarball.
> >
> > Any chance of getting the RPM rebuilt with this support?
>
> streamzap seems to be implemented as a kernel module, and we haven't
> agreed how to package kernel modules yet in Extras, that's why.

Okay.  It's good to know there's a reason :-)

> If you're running FC3, you can grab the kernel-module-devel package for
> your kernel from rpm.livna.org and try rebuilding the Extras source rpm
> with "rpmbuild --with kmod --target i686" (if you've a i686 kernel).  It
> used to work at some point, but I haven't checked lately.  Oh, and you
> may need to add streamzap to "drivers" at the top of the specfile before
> rebuilding.

I'll give that a shot, but since I can't build from the source
tarball, I'm skeptical I'll be able to make your suggestion work :-(

To complicate things, I don't have internet access at home.  I've
downloaded http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.testing/kernel-module-devel-2.6.11-1.27_FC3-0.8-0.lvn.1.3.i386.rpm,
and http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/SRPMS/lirc-0.7.1-1.src.rpm
and I'll try the command you mention above.

Wish me luck!

-Peter