Build Failure

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Thu May 26 21:31:25 UTC 2005

GiNaC has been failing to build on the build system. The failure appears
to happen during the configure stage when it's looking for cln. cln was
recently built and released (version 1.1.9), and cln-devel is required
for the build. However, the following error is encountered in configure:

checking for cln-config... /usr/bin/cln-config
checking for CLN - version >= 1.1.0... no
*** Could not run CLN test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means CLN was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved CLN since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the cln-config script: /usr/bin/cln-config.

configure is correctly finding the presence of /usr/bin/cln-config,
which is in cln-devel, but for some reason there's a failure. I can't
duplicate this on my i386 system. Any ideas on why this might happen? Is
there any way to get at the config.log file mentioned in the error message?

-Quentin