Request for review: Enlightenment DR17 + EFL

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Sun May 29 19:23:11 UTC 2005

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

>On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 02:13:56PM -0400, John Ellson wrote:
>

>>Also, isn't it more conventional to just use ./configure instead of
>>./autogen.sh
>>in the spec file?
>>

>Older CVS dumps had the "configure" call hardcoded in the autogen.sh
>file. Newer versions use an environment variable (NOCONFIGURE I think)
>to disable this.
>
>So (without having looked at the spec files), I'd recommend to use
>
>NOCONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
>%configure
>
>in the spec file, so all the magic parameters appear.

The issue is that all the files generated by autogen.sh (without
configure) should all be included in the
tar.gz and that there should be no need to rerun it on the build system.

My understanding is that autogen.sh is for running things like
libtoolize, autoconf, and automake
that need to be run after CVS checkout but before "make dist".   The
autogen.sh is not normally included in the tar.gz (or in the src.rpm)
and building from a tar.gz
(or running rpmbuild) should not depend on libtoolize, autoconf, or
automake on the build system.

Perhaps I'm being too pedantic....   it does work OK if you don't mind
the dependencies.

John