Fedora Extras: missing bugzilla components

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 31 14:30:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 11:36 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Why this amateurish Wiki?
>
> Why aren't packages automatically assigned to persons as part of the
> package "approval process" and bugzilla accounts automatically created
> as part of this process?

Because things like that require work and effort and there's only so
much time.  The plan is for the process to include that, but right now,
the bits aren't there.  If you'd like to help in implementing the code
so this can happen, let me know (reply to me directly) and I'll get you
in the loop for that.

The same is true for other infrastructure related tasks around Fedora
Extras.  The Fedora Extras Steering Committee is doing what we can to
move things along, but there are only so many hours in the day.  Feel
free to look at http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraExtrasSchedule
(our current task list) and mail the owners of tasks if you're
specifically interested in helping to move the task forward.

Jeremy